* A few nights ago I dreamt that I was helping a little girl close the wood window shutters of a big house. A storm was coming. Also dreamt of David Bowie (late 90’s?). Had another dream with Melissa in a huge mansion with an overhead window in the shower. Sometimes in dreams we get to fly, but think this time was first ever I was an actual fighter aircraft pilot, flying really fast through a canyon (kind of those cheese 80’s movies, or maybe “Independence Day”?). During a year in lock-down, dreams was the farther we could go.
* The year of 2020 was horrible for lots of people. Number of reasons, starting with COVID-19 global epidemic, political unrest, civil and human rights abuses, economic hardships, suicide, homelessness, misery worldwide. But I am grateful that together we pulled through and feel hopeful for 2021 and beyond.
* “What is friendship but a chance encounter” – Patches the Spider in Bloodborne
* On election day I worked at a voting place as an “spanish” interpreter. An extremely long, exhausting, surreal first day of a surreal week.
* Drinking Japanese sake while Melissa watches some streaming service TV show (“The Queen”). COVID-19 cases once again going up, but at least the prospects of effective vaccines gives humanity hope.
* Recently a TV show got a lot of people interested in Chess, including Melissa who is now playing daily. Chess is probably the only board game that I actually enjoy, even though I’m terrible at it. Fond memories of playing Chess with my Dad when I was a kid (^_^)
* Trial and error. The scientific empirical method of acquiring knowledge.
* Dapper bozo. Wearing wool pants, black leather jacket, cordovan boots, linen shirts… and a fucking face mask.
* Dreamt of Jairo & Dairo, both younger and alive making funny faces to my camera.
* “Truth over Lies – Unity over Division – Science over Fiction – Hope over Fear” message from the Biden / Harris campaign. And Saturday afternoon we casted our votes – early voting rocks !!