* A few nights ago I dreamt that I was helping a little girl close the wood window shutters of a big house. A storm was coming. Also dreamt of David Bowie (late 90’s?). Had another dream with Melissa in a huge mansion with an overhead window in the shower. Sometimes in dreams we get to fly, but think this time was first ever I was an actual fighter aircraft pilot, flying really fast through a canyon (kind of those cheese 80’s movies, or maybe “Independence Day”?). During a year in lock-down, dreams was the farther we could go.
* The year of 2020 was horrible for lots of people. Number of reasons, starting with COVID-19 global epidemic, political unrest, civil and human rights abuses, economic hardships, suicide, homelessness, misery worldwide. But I am grateful that together we pulled through and feel hopeful for 2021 and beyond.
* “What is friendship but a chance encounter” – Patches the Spider in Bloodborne
* On election day I worked at a voting place as an “spanish” interpreter. An extremely long, exhausting, surreal first day of a surreal week.
* Drinking Japanese sake while Melissa watches some streaming service TV show (“The Queen”). COVID-19 cases once again going up, but at least the prospects of effective vaccines gives humanity hope.
* Recently a TV show got a lot of people interested in Chess, including Melissa who is now playing daily. Chess is probably the only board game that I actually enjoy, even though I’m terrible at it. Fond memories of playing Chess with my Dad when I was a kid (^_^)
* Trial and error. The scientific empirical method of acquiring knowledge.
* Dapper bozo. Wearing wool pants, black leather jacket, cordovan boots, linen shirts… and a fucking face mask.
* Dreamt of Jairo & Dairo, both younger and alive making funny faces to my camera.
* “Truth over Lies – Unity over Division – Science over Fiction – Hope over Fear” message from the Biden / Harris campaign. And Saturday afternoon we casted our votes – early voting rocks !!
* It was refreshing to both body and mind to be away on vacation. Instead of visiting JFK to catch a plane that would takes us to a far away land, we simply took the subway to Manhattan (Lower East Side, Liberty and Ellis islands, MET Museum) and Queens (Rocakways Beach).
* My dad turned 70. Zoom birthday wishes. Sake, wine and beer.
* “Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the liberal conscience of America’s Supreme Court, died on September 18th, aged 87” – as written in The Economist
* Gray hairs on my beard and eyebrows are getting more abundant. Discovered that “high-waisted” pants are much more comfortable (don’t crush my balls). Linen pants are awesome in summer.
* Barack Obama’s speech during the DNC was a masterclass. Deep, focused and inspiring. Joe Biden’s speech was moving, truthful and the best of his life. Both men are close friends. Obama, one of the best presidents ever, fully supporting his friend, which I hope, for the sake of humanity, will be our next president.
* “It takes guts to be gentle and kind” – The Smiths (sung by Morrisey)
* The whole world is in disarray. A global disease outbreak still ravaging the world. Endless political gridlock (left vs right – instead of understanding and compromise). Chinese concentration camps….
* Black Lives Matter protests are still going on across the country. The yellow inept wannabe dictator engaged in political theater by sending “law and order” federal forces to various cities. Less than 100 days for a presidential election that will determine the fate of millions of people.
* John Lewis, lifetime civil rights activist, congressman of Georgia since 1987, died of cancer at age 80.
* Melissa and I have been once again running early in the mornings. Our “romantic runs” are the best way to start any day (^_^)
* Melissa gave me a set of graphic novels (sex criminals) and a photograph book (the americans). At the post office there was an overly nice British lady talking to everyone. In return the USPS clerks were also overly nice. Sunshine on my face feels great. “Raiders of the Lost Ark” movie, martini, steak and pie. Best birthday ever!
* “George Floyd, security guard and trucker, was asphyxiated by a Minneapolis police officer on May 25th, aged 46” as written on “The Economist” magazine obituaries.
* Summer of 2000 was twenty (20) years ago….